While running the eACCESS program which is supported by Erasmus+, Soegijapranata Catholic University Semarang always promotes the use of environmentally friendly energy and its technology to society, includes professional staffs, engineers, technicians, lectures, and students.
In collaboration with Don Bosco Job Training Centre, Department of Electrical Engineering Soegijapranata Catholic University Semarang organized Vocational Course on Off-Grid Photovoltaics and Residential Electricity from November 30th until December 2nd 2022. The Vocational Course was held at Don Bosco Job Training Centre, Weepangali Village, Tambolaka District, Southwest Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara Province. The participants of the course were instructors and solar power plant operators in Sumba.
This course was held with the intention of providing knowledge to instructors and solar power plant operators regarding the types of solar panels on the market, the working principles of solar panels to get their maximum power, how to make their installation, knowledge of protection, operation, and maintenance of Off-Grid Photovoltaics, also included their economic value. In addition, Residential Electricity Installation training was also conducted. The speaker of the Vocational Course were Dr Leonardus Heru and Arifin Wibisono, M.Eng from Department of Electrical Engineering Soegijapranata Catholic University Semarang.
Summarise output of the event:
- Understand sunlight to electric conversion via photovoltaic.
- Understand how to use photovoltaic (series and parallel).
- Need MPPT for Maximized the power output.
- Check battery health condition.
- Installation and protection
- Street light lamp operation mode.
- OFF Grid Solar Power Plant Installation and operation
- Electricity Installation on Residential
- Residential electrical installation competency test